|Enter the sum: 21 + 28 = (What is this?)|
Regarding Fermi 3, a New Nuclear Reactor, for which Detroit Edison Has Applied for an NRC Permit to Build and Operate:
The first 5 sites listed below are part of the coalition to stop Fermi 3 and are Interveners in the Nuclear Regulatory Commission process unfolding on the Detroit Edison application to build and license to operate a new reactor, Fermi 3, near Monroe, MI.
In addition, the Great Lakes Environmental Law Center and many individuals like myself have been part of the coalition and have spoken at the public meeting at Monroe, MI on December 15th 2011, and have submitted written comment to the NRC in accord with the mandated National Environmental Policy Act:
1) Beyond Nuclear http://www.beyondnuclear.org has posted all, or most, of the 60 written comments to NRC on Fermi 3 at their web site: click on "Nuclear Reactors", then Click on "New Reactors" and scroll down to "There's no justification for Fermi 3". Also, go to
2) Don't Waste Michigan http://dwmi.homestead.com/#
3) Canadian Coalition for Nuclear Responsibility http://dwmi.homestead.com/#
4) Ontario Clean Air Alliance http://cleanairalliance.org/
5) Sierra Club http://michigan.sierraclub.org/semg/index.html
The following sites are useful in understanding man made ionizing radionuclides and their biological effects:
This presentation by Dr. Edwards is very lucid, understandable, and a necessary antidote to government and nuclear industry obfuscation and out right lying regarding the catastrophic effects of man made ionizing radionuclides. It is available at "Michigan Peace Network" (video of presentation by Dr. Gordon Edwards on May 14, 2011 in Dearborn, MI, at the International Round Table on Nuclear Threats to The Great Lakes and Transition to Clean Energy). http://michiganpeacenetwork.org/ Click on "Issues"; click on "Nuclear Issues"; click on "Nuclear" then click on "Dr. Gordon Edwards talks in Dearborn about Nuclear Radiation".
At Fairewinds Associates http://www.fairewinds.com/ Nuclear engineer, Arnie Gunderson has been available and assisting the Stop Fermi 3 coalition. Gunderson is helpful in reporting on and understanding reactor releases of radionuclides and the impact on the biosphere, including Fukushima.
Vic Macks, Member of Peace Action of Michigan and Michigan Stop the Nuclear Bombs Campaign firstname.lastname@example.org
» Click here to return to the Resource index.